First berries of the year.
And my first time making jam by myself!
We picked two buckets and it made a lot more jam then I thought it would…but I’m ok with that.
Summer break means summer bucket lists! Here is ours:
- Visit ALL the family.
- Swim lessons. We have an outdoor pool near us and there is just something special about learning to swim outside in the summer.
- Go berry picking, hopefully more then once, because we can’t get enough strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries!
- Have a water balloon fight. This is top on Jaxon’s list.
- Participate in the library summer reading program (and get a free book).
- Make homemade ice cream, and enjoy it in a cone!
- See a movie at a drive-in, or more likely, fall asleep at a drive-in movie.
- Build an epic sandcastle, because beach trips are a given.
- Visit a new park.
- Trip to the zoo.
- Family hike…or two…or more.
- Eat breakfast out, breakfast is our favorite meal.
- Make friendship bracelets and give to all our friends.
- Go to a baseball game.
- Have root beer floats. Our kids have never had root beer floats!
- Ride a Ferris wheel.
- Go disc golfing, with grandpa.
- Complete a bug unit for summer school
- Make a campfire and roast marshmallows and if we are feeling extra adventurous, cook our whole dinner over the open fire.
- Read a chapter book as a family.
We had a lot of fun making this list together in our family journal (more on our family journal someday because I LOVE it). I hope our list can inspire you to make your own!